Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Outshining the Diamonds ... the beauty of now

Outshining Diamonds
(December 2015)

The enormity of this moment
engulfs me with wonder,
overwhelming my senses,
and words flee to the far corners of my mind
intimidated by the role
I so want them to play -
as if they could capture and convey
the depths of this moment.

Silver and diamonds encircle her finger,
sparkling with exquisite delicacy,
yet even they cannot capture the depths
of a love so pure, brimming with expectancy,
while white lights twinkle among green branches,
with memories of the expectations
of two decades of hope
and joy
and love that surpass it all.

Tears flow so much more readily than words
spilling forth in joy unspeakable
yet still yearning for something more -
something beyond even this nearly perfect moment.
Could it be that this lingering taste of beauty
stirs an ancient memory deep within,
when the purest Love in the universe
spoke a word and I became?

Longing unleashed in my innermost chambers
rises to lips that whisper-exclaim, “Glory!”
later echoing in dreams, until the sun rises
and footsteps upstairs remind me
that no matter the depths of this moment,
solitude will retreat and the day will unfold,
just like every other day,
with buttered toast,
laundry piles,
and sibling squabbles …

Like every other day,
except for the dazzling sparkle of the diamonds,
nearly matched by the sparkle in her eyes,
And this echo of eternal stirrings
still gently plucking strings deep within,
reminding me that the Love that I live longing for
will someday outshine
even the most exquisite diamonds,
even the purest of loves
that we have ever known.





No comments:

Post a Comment