Sunday, December 20, 2015

Outshining the Diamonds (a poem)

The enormity of the beauty of this moment in time called now
Is engulfing me with wonder
Overwhelming my mind

And words seem to flee to the far corners of my mind
Intimidated by the role
I want them to play
To somehow capture it all

A ring on a finger, sparkling with exquisite grandeur
Yet somehow failing to capture the depths
Of the love it represents

While lights twinkle from a Christmas tree
Reminding us all of a greater love
That came to give true life.

I cannot stop the tears that flow more readily than words
Spilling forth in joy unspeakable
Yet yearning for something more.

It’s as if this taste of beauty stirs an ancient memory within
When the purest love in the universe
Spoke the word and I became.

Longing unleashed deep within me cries glory
As the sun rises arrayed in splendor
And footsteps upstairs remind me
That no matter the depths I experience here in this moment
Solitude is fleeting and the day will unfold
Just like every other day

Except for the dazzling sparkle of the diamonds
and the sparkle dancing in her eyes
as she imagines all that’s coming;

Except for the deep, eternal stirring tugging within me
Reminding me that the Love I live for
Outshines even the beauty of now.

(Beauty of 12-19-2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment